Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an eBook?
- What do I need in order to use my eBook?
- What are the minimum broswer requirements for offline reading?
- Can I give my eBook to others?
- How long can I keep my eBook?
- Can I print my eBook?
- Can I read my eBook without being connected to the Internet?
- What if my computer crashes and I lose my eBook?
- Can I return my eBook for a refund?
- Can I use my eBook on my iPhone, iPad, Android, or other mobile device?
What is an eBook?
eBooks are textbooks with enhanced functionality in digital format. eBooks are delivered electronically to your computer via Jumpbooks.com. You have the ability to search the entire text for a word or phrase, add comments, create your own bookmarks, and print on demand from a personal computer or laptop.back to top
What do I need in order to use my eBook?
- A computer or tablet that meets the browser or system requirements below:
- Windows Vista or greater, or Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
- 2.0 GHz Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 1024x768 screen resolution or larger.
- A high-speed Internet connection because eBooks are large files, a high-speed Internet connection is required to ensure you can download your eBook quickly and effectively. A connection to the Internet is required for reading a eBook if you choose the recommended, online-viewer option.
- An account on Jumpbooks.com, register here.
- The receipt number and access code found on the bookstore receipt.
Be sure you have meet all reqirements before activating and downloading your eBook! back to top
What are the minimum broswer requirements for offline reading?
Web browser with HTML5 support, such as Firefox 3.6 and higher. Jumpbooks.com recommends that you download your ebook to a non-public computer (a personal computer or laptop) to ensure that you can successfully retrieve the file after download.back to top
Can I give my eBook to others?
eBooks are designed to be downloaded by a single user, on one computer. However you can open the eBook through the internet at multiple computers (each book may only be checked out for offline use to one computer at a time).back to top
How long can I keep my eBook?
All CourseSmart titles will expire (most in 180 days). The eBook expiration date can be located on the back of each eBook tag in the bookstore. The time until expiration begins at the moment you activate your eBook.back to top
Can I print my eBook?
Yes, most eBooks have no limitations regarding printing. In the event a eBook does have a printing restriction, it can be located on the back of the each eBook tag in the Bookstore.back to top
Can I read my eBook without being connected to the Internet?
Yes, you may "check out" up to three chapters or sections at a time to read offline.
- From your CourseSmart bookshelf, select the desired eTextbook.
- Click the button to enable offline access.
- Select up to three chapters or sections at a time to "check out" the chapters for offline use.
- Once the chapters are available for offline use, you can view the downloaded chapters in your browser, even while offline.
- The offline reader supports key features like notes, highlights, copy, and searching the current page.
- In order to access the selected chapters offline from another browser-enabled device, these chapters must be checked back in using the tools in the CourseSmart web site.
- The check out process may be repeated multiple times, and the entire Textbook may be accessed offline, three chapters at a time.
You may only store chapters offline on one device at a time. back to top
What if my computer crashes and I lose my eBook?
It is recommended that you immediately make a backup copy after downloading your eBook. Create a copy of your eBook and save it to removable media such as a CD or USB drive. Jumpbooks.com is not responsible for accidentally deleted or lost files. Making a backup copy will allow you to restore the eBook to the same computer to which you originally downloaded the file in the event of a disaster. Note: The backup file eBook does not allow you to open it on a different computer. For assistance in restoring a backed up title, please contact the content provider (VitalSource, CourseSmart) for further assistance.back to top
Can I return my eBook for a refund?
You may return a non-accessed eBook by bringing your original sales receipt to the Bookstore where you originally purchased it within 4 days of purchase.back to top